Sinister: er, hammersmith...

Andrew Dean koogy at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 22 10:17:05 BST 1999

hello

have just moved to london, or, more precisely, am n the process of
moving to london (staying here in an empty room during the week, back
in hemel hempstead at weekends packing boxes for the big move at the
start of october). anyway, walking to work this morning down the side
streets of hammersmith a girl crossed the road and ended up walking 5
yards in front of me. 'oh, a bad badtz maru bag', i thought to myself, '
you don't see many of them in england'. looking more closely there was
a belle and sebastian badge attached to said bag. it was about now that
i should've said 'oh, a belle and sebastian fan, pleased to meet you'
but i never. so if you're reading this a belated 'hello'

decided not to go to the party before all tomorrow's parties that wasn'
t, went to sit in a pub where other friends were meeting before the
spearmint gig in camden. got there early, as expected and sat reading
charles higson and listening to peel from the night before for 45
minutes before anyone i knew turned up. cath came over and said hello
but nobody else did. people (more than one) i've known for 10 years
didn't even cross the bar to speak to me. me, disgruntled?... so, i
hope you all had a better time than i did. sounds like you did.

actually, whilst i was there someone mentioned that belle and sebastian
had played that weekend's nick drake tribute gig. can anyone confirm or,
more likely, deny this?

also, watching back old videos taped from the chart show, one of them
had a snippet about stuart working with two of his idols, old time
blokes who i can't remember but they were of the ilk of simon and
garfunkel (scott walker? is he still alive?). was this true or was it
another pack of lies?

oh, if anyone has a first generation copy of that scottish b&s
documentary and want's a copy of the black sessions french tv broadcast
(complete with star trek:TOS style special effects) in exchange then
please get in touch. ta.

cheers
andy
koogy at clara.co.uk

already thinking of moving out even before i'm fully moved in. don't
ever live with anyone who owns the house cos they have too much power.
landlady's latest trick, apart from hogging the bathroom in the
mornings and having the tv up way too loud is turning the fridge down
so that eating yoghurt becomes some sort of food poisoning version of
russian roulette. oh um.

was looking forward to moving to london cos of the pun potential of
several of the places around here 'sexual ealing' for one, 'solid gold,
easy acton' for another. 'peaches and cheam'. i end up living in
hammersmith and i can't think of anything for hammersmith. arse.

hopkins? you doing anything for your birthday? mine's 3 days earlier
and i was thinking of inviting everyone around for combined flat
warming / birthday thing (you can also help me re-alphabetise my cds
after the move) but if you've other plans then, well, i'll just sit in
my room and mope. again.

irn bru is now 29p a can at selected retailers.

clara web based mail thingy for accessing my clara account from
anywhere. it's pants. it has a five minute timeout on it so if you sit
there writing a reply to someone and it takes you more than five
minutes to do it then you have to copy everything to the buffer, log
back in again, create a new mail and paste your reply into it in order
to send the damn thing. just as i have to do now... see you.