Sinister: lightning and no rain

Cynthia Someone csomeone at xxx.com
Wed Sep 22 22:07:25 BST 1999

hello everyone:

vietnamese noodle soup, the innocence mission (did anyone follow Jim
Schmidt's recommendation and find it as sublime as I did?), a car accident
in the rain ... I'm still a happy girl. I'm learning to bellydance and I've
no belly (just tummy and it's just not enough)
It's been more than a year since I've gotten on the list and I'm none the
wiser. last night I was making chat with a girl (who incidentally doesn't
like pink. I don't like pink so that's what's called bonding), and amid all
our circular wanderings about our insufferable problems I said, "ten years
ago I was twelve" and started laughting, because all of a sudden all the
problems big as buildings towering over us really seemed silly. Ten years
ago I was reading Nancy Drew mysteries and Sweet Valley Highs and wishing
for love.  Ten years later I'm reading David Foster Wallace and East of
Eden. Everything's the same, just there aren't happy endings. Books for
"older" people never do.

i'm really liking the list a lot lately. It's been awhile since i've
corresponded to people on the list. (Hello you people. Christa, did you get
my tape?) especially the love rants. to the boy on the bus, you should go
and say hello. my buddy robert's been chatting up a girl in a flowershop of
late, and that's always the best sort of story, even if there's a bad
ending, or even if there's no ending, and the romance is just sort of
forgotten before it's really begun. As much romance as possible, if
possible, i say. even if it ends in crushing loss. Just to have the ability
to be romantic is beautiful, enough to make life worth living.

Cynthia

okay, bye