Sinister: tangent related: clyde filter z

Steve Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Wed Sep 22 13:45:09 BST 1999

oh dear, i feel bad.

HEADINGS ARE ALL THE RAGE IN: LONDON, PARIS, MUNICH, SINGAPORE AND
TORONTO!
my, now platonic but former girlfriend came by and we were delighting in
being amost unbearably savage to eachother.  We even made up a 'savage'
gesture so that there could be no ambiguity about when someone was
being  savage and when they weren;t.  But oh me, how low and terrible i
feel now.  I was even playing the smiths earlier before tabla class
picked me up, which goes to show just how low i really was.  I thought
i'd gotten all my smiths out of my system earlier this year and that i
would never be that sad again.

I SKIPPED LINGUISTICS
it's dull, and my teacher reminds me of Emo Phillips.

THERE IS SINISTER BUSINESS AT THE REFERENCE LIBRARY.
The MetroRef Library just switched their cataloguing system from an
older, more elegant, text-based cataloguing system to a bright, sunny,
insulting windows based one.  The librarian at the help desk and i
consoled eachother, and she told me that i was a very sharp boy.

In the old system, when you put in a stacks request on the computer you
got to pur in any name you wanted. This created much juvenile mirth as
you could get books ordered up for anyone:  L. Wittgenstein, bobo the
wonder dog, I.M.A. Penis etc.  the fun was unending let me assure you.

The new system is all secure and fake seeming.  they make you enter your
library card number so that they can no doubt keep track of who reads
what so that no one is caught getting too many smutty art books or
something.

So feeling glum about the new library system i went over to pick up my
books from the stacks shelf under my last initial.  and when i went to
look at the little form that was stuck in the book to see how much
information was divulged by the computer from my library card to the
stacks person it said: Patron: K

thats it, Patron:K

which pulled a wire out of my brain, because suddenly it wasn't me who
had ordered the book but some hard done by fictional character created
by franz kafka. i felt that when i awoke the next morning i would find
two strange men in my appartment who would keep me from having breakfast
until they'd interrogated me.

"...does frau grubach know you;re here?  Where;s my breakfast?"

(if you will not be able to survive without belle and sebastian content
then kafka's 'the trial' appears on the cover of IYFS in the
background.  so there!)