Sinister: 69 dog parks!

Pulpbot at xxx.com Pulpbot at xxx.com
Thu Sep 23 04:35:37 BST 1999

I've been waiting to write about how ecstatic I am about the new Magnetic
Fields. I like it more each time I listen, so my logic was to wait until I
couldn't possibly love it any more before I posted, thus sparing y'all
day-by-day song-by-song posts. Can't describe how good it is. What relief
that Stephin Merritt's eyes weren't bigger than his stomach, if that
computes. It's not unlike that Sinister thread a while back about everyone's
theories on love. It was fascinating because everyone feels differently, but
equal ferventness (word?), and I found bits of empathy and comfort and wisdom
in most of them, which is exactly what 69 Love Songs is like. It's Merritt's
vision but it's like an intimate conversation because even though it's so
vast,it's so detailed.
--Jennifer
ps I'm thrilled to bits that the Kids in the Hall are finally, maybe off the
oil slick that is their post-Kids career. Yay Bruce! Did anybody else see
"Dick" solely because of him?