Sinister: dc and pickle-ee picnic in the nation's capitol

lost madflowr lost_madflowr at xxx.com
Thu Sep 23 07:31:51 BST 1999

wowsers. i cannot believe this movie. eight days a week.
it's the craziest opening to a movie ever. within the
first two minutes the boy [sporting wicked indie rawk
glasses. hee.] says some naughty things about his lower
regions. "he acts like he's a guard at the tower of
london. he's got to check every 10 seconds to see if
the crown jewels are still there." oh man, this is so
crazy. so far this actually looks promising. nerdy
boy falls for this "walking wet dream" [characters
words not mine]. wowsers. calamity. hey i needed some
sort of light entertainment.

okee. i am all for a picnic in the dc area darlings.
i'd love to meet all these lovely folks. i have not
seen ms. christa for a bit. she's in another country,
no? does anyone want to trade zines? umm, if you do
drop me a line with something like zine in the heading.
i'm on two lists with this email addy and i get oodles
of mail so...there!

oh today i had a very unpleasant experience. probably
worse than going to the doctor. is there *anyone* at
all on sinister who is in a frat/sorority? cos i really
never ever got that impression from ANY post to this
list. anyways, if you are in one maybe close your eyes
or delete this mail. at my school, george mason univ.
in ffx,va i'm a dj on WGMU 1370 am, our radio station.
anyways, for the class we have to choose something else
to do to help out WGMU. there are about five things. i
chose to work on the WGMU zine. something that the
music director just decided she wanted to start this
year. i chose to help cos i do a zine and i actually
really enjoyed the thought of helping out wgmu. anyways
purr. so the other person who volunteered for the zine's
name is ian. and he seemed nice enough. but then today
we were talking about who might buy ads in our zine and
he suggested "greek row" or something. and i asked
what that was and he answered "it's right across the
street. they sell all sorts of fraternity stuff." and
immediately i felt ill and i made the mistake of saying
so out loud.

turns out he is the *president* of this fraternity.
his favourite singer is bryan adams. he spends all of
his free time studying or at fraternity related events.
he has never seen a zine in his life. he thought a zine
was an all black and white magazine. he has only been
to three or four concerts in his life.

okay. all of this equals disaster.

i like bryan adams fine. but all the rest irks me. he
asked why we shouldn't get ads from a fraternity related
store and that if we didn't take ads that they could sue
us or something. and i was like "well i don't want to
get ads from a conformist group like a frat/sorority,
because that's not what a zine is about at all." and
he said "you don't know anything about fraternities."

it was seriously a scene out of a bad movie. i was so
distraught at that moment. i mean heck, he was talking
about adding GRAPHS to the zine saying how many albums
say [his example] ricky martin has sold so far.

i was completely and utterly disgusted. heck, i still
am. so you can see why i need to get my mind off this
shite and onto nerdy indie boy in this movie. the sound
track is not half bad! whee.

okay. << end rant >>

okay phew. hello. oh *wave* to newish? kid from sinister
at umd. are there any other dc/va/md kids hiding in the
nursery? oh i started a dc/va/md list so that us kids
can keep trrack of meet ups/picnics/whatnot from clogging
up the list. whee. http://sinisterdc.listbot.com
so if you want to keep in touch with like the 10 of us
in the area [so far] then join. it's not a lot of mails.
unless picnic time is near which there are a couple a day
at most. whee. okay time to watch this. aiee.

evol,
madflowr

OH MAN DO YOU KNOW WHAT? the innocence mission is on the
soundtrack to this movie. WHACK. i have heard them mentioned
like at least 4 times this week. neato.

OH shite i forgot the other thing. no WAIt. is anyone going
to that wierd lounge thing at the 9:30 club on friday?
bis/discount/madder rose/? some other band?

i'll be there. whee.

OR is anyone going to the mousetrap in d.c. on saturday at
the metro cafe? come on darlings, i'll be there too.

oh and blake, whenever i see your posts and the courdoroy
boy at the end...i always wanted to say i wrote a song in
9th grade called "who's that boy wearing courdoroys?" ha!