Sinister: deviation and hesitation

Martin Robinson martin at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 23 23:33:36 BST 1999

Hello lovely people,

UMMM...

I thought I'd say hello even if it is just to interrupt the thread of
the S****s. What a pile of tanktops they really were. Anyhow, before I
start to babble incoherently I should mention to London dwellers that a
few of us are considering undergoing All Tomorrow's Parties Replacement
Therapy replacement therapy at Strange Fruit tomorrow night so if you
want to meet up feel free to mail me or Drunken Matt
(the_fear66 at hotmail.com). Despite his name he might be a better bet to
mail tomorrow as I try to spend as much time in the pub and shops as
possible during Friday office hours. I might even blot the Jeepster
board as well sometime.

ERRR...

I would like to take this oppurtunity to thank and apologise to people
who I met and should have met up on my travels respectively. I had a
great time in Toronto seeing Mogwai, Low (who were more than a bit
fantastic) and other stuff with some lovely TO listees. Unfortunately I
missed Vince getting kicked in the head my a member of Mogwai for
talking during the quiet bits which was perhaps fortunate as I would
have laughed very loudly and probably would have in turn received a
right pasting from the Scottish instrumentalists.

And I'd also like to publicly apologise for missing the Sinister meet up
in New York, my only excuse is being a complete arse. I'm afraid I was
naively taken in at a bar by free beer and free cheesy nachos and didn't
manage to drag myself and others away till far too late to get in
contact. It would have been very entertaining too as we were more than
slightly inebriated and had to make do with getting very messy in
Greenwich Village which included a strange game of table and people
collecting. What a wonderful place New York is though so I'll definitely
be back.

UMMM...

While I'm apologising I should say sorry to Ailsa for managing to get in
most of her photos. I usually run crying from the camera's stare so I
honestly don't what happened. I'd be horrified myself if I got a load of
photos of me and I hope this doesn't influence you against giving me one
later dear.

ERRR...

Yes the All Tomorrow's Parties Replacement Therapy was a lot of fun so
big up's to all concerned. And on that high note I shall depart.

Te ra,

Martin
ear confection recordings
(http://www.send.demon.co.uk)