Sinister: Ronald McDonald is the devil and his hair is a wig

Robin Stout robin.stout at xxx.com
Fri Sep 24 11:17:10 BST 1999

Sit down, have a cup of tea. I've got some Garibaldi biscuits if you want
them...

Ailsa Ross, the voice of reason, said;
>Some of my best friends, and indeed my boyfriend,
>listen to little or no music, and really don't care much about it.  And
>I think none the less of them, in fact I prefer that to people who won't
>admit to liking the "wrong" kind of "uncool" music.

    I totally agree, Ailsa. I don't really like fashionable people as I
think they tend to be fashionable about far more than their taste in music,
like how they are. One thing I love when I meet Sinister people is how down
to earth and honest they seem, on the whole. Mildly obsessive and slightly
bonkers maybe, but authentic, which is nice.
    Then again, at the moment I have this theory in my head that things in
the world need balance - like good and evil: Ronald McDonald and Robbie
Williams on one side, Stuart Murdoch and nuns on the other. And there should
be good music and bad music and average music in the middle for average
people who aren't really that interested. So why instead do average people
get hateful commercial shite like Another Level instead? I think it's an
injustice.

    Another cup of tea? Oooh, you've got crumbs all over the carpet! No,
Don't get up, you'll just tread them in. I'll go and get a brush.

    The other day, I was making a film with some friends of mine about an
alien from outer space who crash lands his spaceship down my street. He
crash lands because he's being chased by another, evil alien, called Billy
Boater, who wears a boater hat and a dressing gown (not exactly state of the
art I know). So in the end the good alien (me) kills the bad alien (Peter)
and he was lying on the pavement dying when a man drove past in his car,
stopped, and wound down the window. He just looked at us bemused. I was
standing over Pete with my weapon in my hand (a frisbee, you dirty dawgs),
he was wearing a boater hat and a dressing gown and I was wearing a fedora,
and was next to a bicycle with wings (my spaceship). The man called out "Are
you okay?". We looked confused. "Your friend, is he hurt?." "Er, no." "Are
you sure?" "Er, we're making a film actually." "Hmm." The man drove away,
very slowly, possibly to fetch assistance. It was very strange. For the rest
of the day we expected an ambulance to drive up the street to attend to a
"dying man".

    Oooh, there's nothing like PG Tips is there? No, you can't have another
biscuit, not after the mess you made last time. I don't care if you're
hungry, you'll just have to wait until dinner.

Archel said;
>did/does anyone on the list go to a steiner/waldorf school (which are
>NOT 'orrible christian cults, by the way)?

    What's a Steiner/Waldorf school? It sounds like an 'orrible Christian
cult to me.

Robin Stoot xx