Sinister: National B&S Content Day

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Sep 24 11:50:11 BST 1999

What is Track and Field? Who does Bus Stop? Just who is the 5 o' clock
hero? Fluffy said that The Jam were a load of Horst Hrubesch. I
disagree, I think they were great. They also disprove the widely held
belief that popular things that townies like can't be any good. I
liked Bruce Foxtrot and Rick Teggybrush and of course Paul Weller,
formerly of the Style Council, who were also good. They got townies
into posh stuff, like France, thus raising the standard of living.

I'm glad Slow Graffiti was tailor-made for that film about townies.
It's my favourite B&S song because it dares to poke its nose out of
the comfy confines of Murdochland, where birds are mad and boys are
shy and public transport rules the roost. My theory about the secret
link between B&S and Iranian cinema was left in tatters yesterday by
The Red Ribbon - no buses, no children. Pah!

Stereo's back. To celebrate I bought a new CD - The New Latinaires. I
think I prefer The Old Latinaires. I've also been listening to The
Visigoths at the Po Caff. So far I like song number one and song
number four best. When the name "Christopher Timothy" loses its shine,
I suggest "Difford and Timbrook", because it reminds me a bit of
Squeeze. Do townies like Squeeze? I bet they do. Joe from the townie
film My Name Is Joe came to townie the other day wearing his kiltie.
What a prannie. I mean, I don't walk around dressed as Daniel Lambert,
do I?

As for the absence of SOS people from the list crush list, perhaps
it's because they're not all in there all day voting for each other
and having a right old giggle. But that's only a theory. I don't
really know who was on the SOS list, because I was on remand at Her
Majesty's pleasure at the time, so I can't have been involved. But I
would like it very much if said SOS-ers wrote to us every now and
then. I kinda miss those guys. Yes, I'm a grumpy old-timer. I thought
the list crush business lost its appeal when it ceased to be run from
the inside cover of Big Stu's rough book.

Trousercuts sounds good this week. I remember the days when rudeness
was a worry.

lots of love,

Sister Disco