Sinister: "don't you understand ...we stole the oranges "

RPushong at xxx.com RPushong at xxx.com
Fri Sep 24 12:36:28 BST 1999

hello everybody ...be warned this is a very indulgant post...
--------------------------
genius tv moment
--------------------------

was that really funky seb ...what a fantastic performance....not many people
get to throw up on tv ...damn fine job ...expect to see funky seb collect his
award at the Bafta's next year ...or would that be the Barfta's ...
-------------------------
the smiths
-------------------------
i think sometimes people analyse music too much ...i couldn't possibly choose
my favourite smiths album ...i like all of them for different reasons ...i
bought all of the smiths albums as they came out so i never had that problem
of deciding which one to buy first...

-------------------------------------
how i influenced the verve
-------------------------------------
a few years ago ...myself and the band i'm in shared a studio complex with
the verve ...they had a massive room that they used as a rehearsal room ...we
had a small cupboard like space that was our studio ...anyway i got to hear
them rehearse " urban hymns " a good year before it came out ...anyway we got
on ok with them ashcroft was a bit moody ...but with him being a popstar
thats ok ...the rest of them were friendly ...anyway i always get asked the
question " what does your band sound like " well i'll tell you what we sound
like ...all you need is a copy of the verves " lucky man " there is a track
called MSG on it ...that sounds like my band ...we even tested it out on a
few people that are familiar with our sound ...this track sounds nothing like
the verve..
an interesting coincidence ...our album was released on the same day as the
verve's urban hymns ...they sold about 2 million ...& we sold about 2000
...yet they chose to steal from us.if anybody is interested & i'm sure your
not my band is called Elixir.

======================
portishead stole my bass line
======================
again ...another true story...when our album was released we got reviewed in
a swedish dance magazine ...the guest reviewers were portishead ...we managed
to get it translated & it wasn't so bad ...they said it was one of the more
interesting things to be going on in England at the moment ...but they said
we could do with some vocals...( most of our stuff is instrumental )
...anyway on our album we have a track called " Deimos "...& i play a very
sublime bassline consisting of 3 notes ...you want to know what this sounds
like well just play portisheads " only you " its the exact same bassline...&
they can't claim to never having heard of us or our album because they
reviewed it...

++++++++++++++
B&S content ....
absolutely none ...except that like all of you on this list ...i love B&S
...the few people that i have met have been friendly beyond belief...& i'm
going to make a huge effort to attend forthcoming sinister events ...
hope all of you have a fantastic weekend...& i'll say goodbye...but before i
go i bought the Whistler album yesterday ...its a beautiful album...i also
tracked down the Kathryn Williams album " dog leap stairs " & thats great
too...see i have got something to say...
take care everyone...

                             richard.p.