Sinister: tea and dry toast

Joss Moorkens jmoorkens at xxx.ie
Fri Sep 24 14:08:05 BST 1999

Aye up, bald eagles.
It is not a good Friday. It all started swimmingly last night. I went to see
Melt Banana and they were marvellously metaltastic. There was a violent
looking moshpit which I decided to brave. Unfortunately, I did so with my
anorak hood pulled up so I didn't see the mystery assailant who booted me
directly above the ball area, rendering me somewhat incapacitated. Then the
bastards lowered the price of vodka and red bull to £2. An act of outright
cruelty. As a result, I am still drunk at midday in work and have to stay
here until 8 o'clock. Not good at all. It's going to be a long day.

Last week I was drunk in a bar in New Cross that plays ska music and I was
accosted by a drunken middle aged crusty Glaswegian street poet. In a
referee's jersey. He asked me if I'd vote for him if he tried to be prime
minister. I considered explaining that I lived outside of the jurisdiction,
but since he was looming menacingly I decided to tell him that I would. He
copped my accent and started going on about the IRA and the UDA next,
pointing out that stopping violence would be foremost in his manifesto. At
the time, I think this was something of a relief. Anyway, he said he'd like
to send me some of his poetry in the post because I was "a good man". The
charmer, eh? Drunkenly, I decided 'what the heck', I mean... what harm could
it be giving him my real address and getting something interesting if
perhaps a little insane in the post? In retrospect my decision seems
somewhat unwise. I have a horrible feeling that when I arrive home, tired
and unwell, there'll be a drunken Glaswegian in my living room. Who isn't
called Ailsa.
If that happens, I will be very pissed off.
Yours in discomfort,
Mr Joss
scilabs at thumped.com

PS I bought a Music Tapes record yesterday on the advice of one Lance Bangs.
I haven't listened to it yet, but it has a great pop up cover. Not enough
people make records with pop up covers these days. If B&S did I bet we'd all
be *dead* impressed. ;)

PPS The bloke my friend followed on the tube:
http://www.madfrankiefraser.co.uk/madfrank.html

PPPS If anyone wants to, they can mail Paula at booze_explosion at hotmail.com