Sinister: Hush baby turn around...its the call of the playground

Walkn10 at xxx.com Walkn10 at xxx.com
Fri Sep 24 19:21:25 BST 1999

I must concur with Mark N. who rushed to the defence of LLPJ.  I think its
tops!  I mean, 369 and Modern Rock Song still beat the pants off of it in my
book but You Made Me Forget My Dreams is definitely one of my B&S faves, and
so is the title track.  As for Monica Queen I like her voice quite fine.  I
imagine an entire album of it would get quite boring but my fave part of the
Bowlie tape is when she belts her lines and the crowd just goes ape.  That
and when Isobel jumbles her speech before The Kids Are Alright...she really
is the cutest thing.
On the advice of several from the Sinister parish I went out and bought
Hefner's "The Fidelity Wars" and I must say I'm decidedly non-plussed.  In
fact, I'm actually on the border of revulsion but maybe that'll change.  I
mean, the guy obviously has a beautiful voice when he sings softly or at
least at a normal level but instead he belts out the tunes and totally turns
me off.  I won't say they're terrible but I'm definitely returning
it...should I get the new Aluminum Group or East River Pipe?
On the inside of Donovan's greatest hits it lists his personal email address
but I can't think of anything to say to the guy.  He just seems like such an
oddball (and a pretty arrogant guy to boot) that I'm a little intimidated.
Any suggestions?  Speaking of Mr. Leich, I have to agree with the critics who
say B&S owe tons to him.  Colours sounds alot like the B&S song that never
was.  The only difference being Donovan looks like a horses-arse and sings
songs of beautiful women whereas Stuart looks like a beautiful woman and
sings songs of girls who looks like horses-arses.  Hmmm...
Do I fancy women in Y-front undies?  Not sure yet...

Steve C.

PS- I bid a fond adieu to George C. Scott and Werner Voss.  RIP