Sinister: this message will self-destruct

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Sat Sep 25 18:09:18 BST 1999

i did not say that i was afraid of dying, i said i was afraid of death.  big
difference.  i'm not scared of my own death at all, despite the fact that my
personal spiritual system is about as coherent as the average rem song and is
leaning heavily towards oblivion anyway.  though i am afraid of pain.  but it
is other people's deaths that bother me, and precisely because you can't do
anything about it.  noel edmunds was a bad analogy, whoever brought him up,
because of course i'm scared of him too.

LLPJ.  when i first heard it, i would have likened the experience to eating a
sandwich of the most delicious double filling between two slices of mouldy,
crappy bread.  so, you made me forget my dreams and photo jenny were the
houmous and roasted vegetable of the musical world, with the title track and
century of elvis being the week old kwik-save loaf.  i now no longer wish to
disembowel monica queen, as despite her, erm, unique contribution, llpj is
one of my favourite b&s songs lyrically, and you can dance like a fool to it
as i discovered at tigerlactating.  you made me forget... and photo jenny are
still brilliant as well ("i'm in a mess, i'm in a dress" - just beat that for
a lyric), but elvis does bring the whole sandwich down.  i like it, but i
physically couldn't listen to it after a few times.  it's like when a really
good friend starts to tell a story that you've heard before.  it's a good
story, you like the person, but YOU'VE HEARD IT BEFORE.

gosh, a whole paragraph of b&s content.  i feel faint from the unaccustomed
effort.  of course, it'll be doing the whole sinister community a big favour
when they finally release something and we can talk out of our arses about a
whole new batch of songs:

Listee 1: oh, see i was right about the downward spiral.  i'm going to go and
wank [oops, did i type wank, i meant sulk] over my copy of tigermilk until
they start writing the songs i telepathically told them they should.
Listee 2: does anyone else think that Is It Smutty Not To Ride Buses? sounds
a bit like a twee-er/slower/faster/better/quieter/backwards/completely
different version of [insert any title] by The Smiths?
Listee 3:  who is that on the cover?
Listee 4: you know when stuart sings that bit about green arab angels in
Let's Make This Song Title Really Long, well, i reckon it's referring to a
small cafe in paris where there is actually a bit of graffiti near the
ceiling which mentions angels, and i know because mark e. smith wrote it when
i got him drunk there one night.
Listees 5, 6, 7 and 8: it's [insert name] on the cover.
Listees 9, 10 and 11: you know, i thought the lyric about green arab angels
was actually saying 'i'm a wanker'.  d'oh, how silly am I?  but it was funny
wasn't it?
Listee 12: b&s are really good aren't they?  i just really relate to what
they're saying and they gave me the courage to give up drugs/stop listening
to oasis/talk to that cute girl/feel superior to people who are happier than
me/buy a field mice record.  excuse me while i go and cry.
Listee 13: it's [insert name] on the cover.

... i'm bored with that now.  no-one cares anyway.  except my friends who
live in these little round metallic circles.  they understand.  8 people i
never met can save my soul, yeah.

blimey, i've gone all cynical.  how unappealing.  sorry.

luv archel xxx

******
Rachel Playforth
archel at iname.com