Sinister: a bad rhyme before your good one

Cairns, Joe Joe.Cairns at xxx.com
Sun Sep 26 12:32:58 BST 1999

Hey up!

All of us too lazy to respond to requests from the PoCaff about National
Poetry Day should go and vote NOW at:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/education/poetry/npd_vote.shtml

You can vote for your favourite song lyrics ever. My teacherific Mom told us
about this after all her kids were mass voting for "4 to the 3 to the 2 to
the 1, I'm on the microphone and I'm hot like the Sun", in their Information
Resource Centre (school library) on Friday.

We were going to vote for "You're so hot you should be a candle, So good to
hold you shoulda been a handle", or "A scrub is a guy who thinks he's fly,
also known as a 'bus stop'", but as these were most likely deeply-loved
mishearings, we submitted the Paula Wilcox couplet from 'Photo Jenny'.

In the light of events earlier this year, an organised B&S drive might not
be that sensible. But it would be a great laugh if next Thursday Griff Rhys
Jones did his usual tremendously drawn-out countdown, before forcing Rik
Mayall or Roger McGough to dress up in orthapaedic shoes, or some boy's
jumper, to 'interpret' the winner. Apparently The Nation's Favourite Haiku
last year only totalled about 7,000 votes in all.

we out,
joex
the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com