Sinister: Your ultrasensitivity grows on me.

Brandt Fundak bfundak at xxx.org
Mon Sep 27 14:08:20 BST 1999

Just looking over the last two digests makes me kind of happy that I am
not the only person here who wears their heart on their sleeve.  While I
must say that I am super happy for my sinister friends JJ and Rachel, I
must say that jj heldman's poem depressed me a bit, but then again, I
shouldn't hold the fact that i haven't seen anyone in a while against the
married people.

Anyway, I got really depressed even though I shouldn't have on the car
ride home from detroit (went to the superchunk show) but the problem was
that the object of most of my affections was driving the car and it just
tears me up inside.  I am such a bloody flake.

I actually didn't see Superchunk at the Superchunk show.  We walked in
just as Rainer Maria got on to play and then left after they were done.  I
got a buttload of Rainer Maria stuff on vinyl though.  If you have not
heard them, you should.  They are fabulous.

I went to dinner with a friend and his two year old son Saturday night and
was super unfortunate to sit near high schoolers that were enjoying
homecoming.  The alpha males at the table ate their food like pigs and
acted like apes.  The girls weren't much better, although one did come up
to us and apologize for her date's apelike behavior.  I just reminded her
"that these memories will last a lifetime."  I just enjoy the fact that
at 25 or 30 this girl will look back on this magical night and think,
"what was I thinking?"

Did you ever notice that we are more defined as people by the things we
have not done than the things that we have?  When Belle and Sebastian sing
that it could have been a brilliant career, I think we are all stuck
thinking about what could have been than what is.  It's just because we
all think things could be better. And they can, but I think we all make
the mistake of looking back, instead of looking forward.

Maybe it's just me.

Brandt