Sinister: on saturday the stars are gonna fall from th sky

bUgleT bug at xxx.uk
Mon Sep 27 22:30:55 BST 1999

h'looo peeps,

Mark said:

On the Elephant 6 tip, I saw Beulah at the CMJ in New York and they were
fucking top!  Personally, I prefer them to both Neutral Milk Hotel and
Olivia Tremor Control.  They also have an extremely rare first album
(released in 1997) which wqs available at the show.  Not as good as "When
Your Heartstrings Break", but it is worth the investment if you can track it
down.

wooo! a fellow beulah fan. they've just released 'when your heartstrings
break' over here in the UK on oxford's shifty disco records..they're
residing in oxford at the moment, and i saw them play the point about a
week ago and they were very very good indeed. i the had the honour of being
an extra in their promo for 'score from augusta' the next day.....they
wanted lots of people from oxford bands to stand around dressed in black
with sunglasses playing various instruments and looking deadpan...it was a
lot of fun!]. i'd strongly recommend the l.p. to anyone..go buy it now.

oh, and watch ou fot the klyvz as well..indie drum 'n' bass...yey.

love and stuff

*bug*
xxxxx

Hidi Ho,

Well, I guess this missive is intended for an underwear-obsessed chap named
Steve, but I am interested in others' opinion on the topic as well.
Personally, I like the Scottish folk-singer who appears in "Lazy Line
Painter Jane" and whose name escapes me now.  And, incidentally, "Lazy Line
Painter Jane" is in my top five favorite Belle and Sebastian songs because
of Chris Geddes work on the hammond organ (isn't it time that he gets more
credit for creating the Belle and Sebastian sound?).  Nevertheless, I would
much rather listen to someone like this bird than the breathy,
five-year-oldesque lyrics of Belle and Sebastian's gentle wave.  Albeit she
is extremely cute (and this initially endeared her voice to me - call it the
Backstreet Boys syndrome in reverse), her voice is progressively getting
more and more annoying at every listen, especially on "Green Fields of
Foreverland". Give me an off-key belting Scottish bird who isn't obsessed
with being cute any day of the week.

On the Elephant 6 tip, I saw Beulah at the CMJ in New York and they were
fucking top!  Personally, I prefer them to both Neutral Milk Hotel and
Olivia Tremor Control.  They also have an extremely rare first album
(released in 1997) which wqs available at the show.  Not as good as "When
Your Heartstrings Break", but it is worth the investment if you can track it
down.

Rememberin' the punks and the hippies too,
Mark

***the tiny zine on the net***
http://ds.dial.pipex.com/sage/tartrazine

***and the best band in oxford***