Sinister: The birds swoop down upon/The crosses of old grey churches

Michael Jones tourajsig2 at xxx.com
Tue Sep 28 01:51:41 BST 1999

Cor !

September.  September, September, September.  A whole month and I’ve
not posted to the list.  Sorry, The List.  A very different agenda
prevails in Sinisterania to the one I was once familiar with.  It’s
all townies, upper-middlebrow TV quizzes and experimental syntax.
Still, I thought I better crank up the generator once last time
before Lady P and I retire to Cosy Nook for the winter months, and
spend the gloom-hours in a fidgety doze or engaged in achingly slow
games of Scrabble.

On the subject of television programs in which unsightly children
reveal their prowess at Swift Recall Of Absorbed Facts, does anyone
remember "Ask The Family" ?  Perhaps there’s someone on the list who
appeared on the Robert Robinson-helmed barf-fest ?  If so - you have
my sympathies.  Talk about stigma.

Is Richard Stilgoe still alive ?  Is he, ahem, Still Going ?  If
anyone can recall a kiddies’ quiz show from the early 80s hosted by
said beard-owner (clue: it’s not "Screen Test"), please write to me
and your name will go in the Grey Ring-Binder.  There is a prize for
the suggestion most offensive to my personal spiritual beliefs.

A beacon of good sense in a fog of lunacy, PJMiller said this:

> Yoko's most recent albums, entitled "Rising" and "Rising
> Remixes" featured Wee Sean's group IMA, which must stand for
> something. I thought about buying them at the time, but thankfully
> didn't bother in the end. The remix one has got a twenty or thirty
> minute thing tagged on the end.

I think he’s right.  There are some fine moments on the remix rekkid,
notably those efforts from Ween, Tricky and Cibo Matto.  And now
SeanieSean is a fully paid-up member of Cibo Matto.  Aw, how entirely
satisfactory and cyclical and whatnot.

Meanwhile, the mysterious "b j" wrote, more in Seurat than in Ingres:

> His **** of the ****** is not so much second to my own, as not even
> second to my own.

I reckon he means "fear" and "reaper", folks.  As the Oysters said -
Don’t.

ThaiFact:
"Yoko Ono" in Thai means "Cousin Lucas, the steely-eyed janitor, does
not drink sherry".  Hmm.  Profound.

Begob - here’s me bus.  Cheers.

Mike na Gopaleen.