Sinister: Plea for help in transferring computer sounds to tape!!! (from a techno illiterate fool)

Kin WOO daftpunk at xxx.au
Tue Sep 28 05:30:41 BST 1999

hello there peeps!
hello also to ex-trading partner, Joe who has kindly helped me out with
this problem before but I STILL need help!!!:)
Okay, I know people have helped me out with this problem, but since I am
completely technologically inept, I need aid again. I've been trying to
tape mp3's onto cassettes, and I've got the plugs running out of the line
out socket on my computer, and into my stereo. Unfortunately, where I'm
supposed to plug in the plugs into the "line in" on my stereo (like
everyone has so kindly told me), it says
"line out"! There is NO line in! And when I play the sound it's all
crackly and staticy and horrible. And no matter how much I adjust the
volumes on both stereo and computer, nothing helps. That buzzing noise is
still there, and the sound is a little distorted. What can I do to prevent
this? Can anything be done? Is it because of the line in/ line out problem
on my stereo?  Or do I need a new jack? and what is a "shielded cable"???
I need help!
please email me privately at above address:)
thanks in advance!
seeya
Kin Woo