Sinister: And I never should have said the books that you read were all I loved you for...

Alasdair Cook MS1996 acook at xxx.uk
Tue Sep 28 16:05:45 BST 1999

Or the records you listened to, obviously.

People have talked of death, and of love, and of the stars, and of
wanking. But death is what I'm talking about, kids. This might sound
weird ("hmm, this sounds weird, I'll delete it") but something which
used to drive me up the frigging wall and which still does to a lesser
extent is the thought that when you die, assuming there's no afterlife
which I do, you're basically unconcious for ever. And the thought of
just not knowing anything, not being anything FOR THE REST OF ETERNITY
just scared the living shit out of me, and I'm not sure why. Sometimes I
used to hate going to sleep just because I would be in that state for a
only a few hours. Sorry if I've depressed anyone, but it's not my fault
entirely as other people got me thinking about it. Other people being
LesleyJo and Archel. Hurry up with that novel.

After recovering from the sniffles, glampam did write:

> there seems to have been a few changes since I went away, so for the benefit of all of you with short memories, or the recently released from the nursery, I'm really cool and pretty and everyone on the list loves me to bits!!!!

Which, annoyingly enough, is completely true. Damn her pants.

Oh, and Helen made us all say "I've got something in my eye" with

> some bastard had just run over a cat and not even stopped.
>
> It was a beautiful cat. We moved it to the side of the road so at least it
> would not have to be re run over. I mean wasn't his death bad enough? We
> left a note in case the owners were looking for it as it had no collar so we
> couldn't ring the owners.

Which got me wondering. How did you attach the note to the cat? Did you
have to nail it on or something, or did you have a stapler or some
sellotape handy? And what did the note say? "If this is your cat then
it's dead. Sorry" ?

Sorry, I am a cat lover but I also have a strange sense of humour.

And Ailsa ranted, as usual:

> Sorry, I *always* do this, but I get sick fed up of people being so
> bloody judgemental about what people look like, what music they listen
> to, whether they look like Belle and Sebastian fans or not, etc etc.
> And I've never judged a book by the way it looks, or by the music it
> listens to (sorry, guess I'll have to leave the Sinister novel to Archel
> as I can't do metaphors), and I don't like people who do so.

I was going to say something here but couldn't find the right words and
probably would have been misinterpreted anyway. So I won't.

 But what
> the hell do I know, eh?

Er, quite a lot actually judging by the 49 (forty nine!) questions you
got right on university challenge last night, compared to my thick as
pigshit 18. Bloody geniuses.

Over to Arantxa:

> If Notts. becomes Robin Stout county, it doesn't make me Lady
> Marian,hey,Alisdair?

Of course it does. But only if I can be Little Ally. Though some people
may say I am already.

I know what the best Smiths record is, but I'm not going to tell you. Ha
ha.

Come oan.
Alasdair xx