Sinister: Toronto Bashing to Death...the topic that is.

Steve Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Tue Sep 28 16:34:37 BST 1999

deb s wrote:

> T.O. BASHING
> >...I think my original conclusions about Toronto were correct :\
>
> Just because you didn't get a chance to meet any other sinisterites, DOESN'T
> mean we're snotty people, not that you said that, but you certainly conveyed
> it in different words.  All the listees that I have met, either in depth or
> only spoken a few words with, were wonderfully *lov-e-ly* people.  I was
> pleasantly surprised that there were no 'too cool for you' types around.
> But I guess you'll never know....

um, the only time i met a bunch of sinistrines here in the t.dot when
there wasn't a concert going on immediately in front of us all, they all
had their backs to me and stayed that way till i left.  however, i
attribute this largely to everyone having just flown in from somewhere
and being tired/excited and knowing eachother better than they knew me
-not, i repeat not to egregious faults of character.

so is anyone going to guitar wolf this thursday, or is that just not
twee enough for the toronto crowd?

> LOLLING
>
> On then, to Mother Nature and the cruel little trick she's playing with the
> weather over here.  It's almost October and is meant to feel that way!  Last
> week I was wearing mittens and settling into the whole university routine
> again...but now this....this....heat wave of sorts that we are having.  It's

frankly, i think the weather is absolutely disgusting.  i actually broke
a sweat yesterday while i was making dinner -that is just unpardonable.
in fact, while merely walking about the heat made the brylcreem come out
of my hair and i almost became completely unhinged.  heat is indecent.
it should stop tonight and go back to being a nice, polite season like
fall or spring.  none of this summer nonsense where it's not wanted!

fall is my favourite season, partly because that's when all the records
come out, but also because it makes you a little sad.  and the sadness
makes you feel special.  everyone  gets this way and it makes them all a
bit more interesting to talk to, which is also nice.  plus, fall means
going back to school and reinventing yourself to a degree, which is
always a fun for awhile.  another bonus of going back to school is the
anticipation of all the fun stuff to be learned that year, of course all
this wears off by winter, when you're sick to death of everyone and just
want to curl up and die and never look at a book again.

> GATHERING?
>
> On a lighter note, if anyone is still reading, a few sinisterites will be
> going to Vox on friday, after Kado's (whoops!) Steven's (heehe) glowing
> review of last week.  I too am reluctant, as they (bangers e le mash) also
> host BlowUp, but apparently the different night and different venue make all
> the...well, difference.  So anyone who has been aching to meet some sinister
> coos, email one of us and we'll meet, possibly in a pub (most likely) before
> hand.

ha! what the rest of the list doesn't know is that deb and i went to
primary school together in godawful concorde ontario.  where i was
called exclusively by my last name (see above) and my classmates tried
to poison me.  also sinister teri went to kindergarten at this same
school several years earlier.  it's a small small world and apperantly
concorde ont. is the centre of it.

BTW the vox night isn't exactly 100% different from blow up, it's just a
bit toned down.  that's all.

steven k