Sinister: First and Last and Always

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Sep 29 11:33:01 BST 1999

I have it on good authority that Roger Daltrey is to get his own
programme on Radio 2! Perhaps he will discuss the following bizarre
paragraph from the book "Crimes Against Humanity":

"In a piece of breathtakingly specious reasoning, the ICJ decided that
since "whether nuclear weapons are used leaglly or illegally their
effects on health would be the same", the issue was *outside* the
scope of the WHO's activities! As one of three dissenting judges
observed, noting the evidence of health and environmental devastation
wrought by the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, "to hold as the
court has done that these matters do not lie within the competence or
scope of activities of the WHO borders on the unreal and smacks of
cynicism, and the law is not cynical"."

Hmm. I blame Moon the Loon.

Rachel Playforth's analysis of the appeal or lack thereof of "A
Century of Elvis" pretty much hit the nail on the head for the entire
genre of speak-a-pop for me. Of course, that doesn't apply to Margaret
Thatcher's reading of The Declaration of Independence over a stirring
classical backing, which gves me a stiffy every time. And I'm not the
only one. A group of us meet on the first Thursday of every month. At
Paul the Deacon's house.

Katrina asked which Glasgow football team she should support. All I
can say is this: with the advent of satellite pay-per-view television,
there's no longer any need for ANYBODY to support any Scottish
football teams. However, if you insist, I would suggest going to all
the grounds and seeing which one you feel most comfortable in.

Death? Pah!

Peter