Sinister: bad bad joke ahoy

stephen hewitt hewits at xxx.uk
Wed Sep 29 15:23:14 BST 1999

Kado said:

does anyone know who edward woodward
is?

And I reply

Yes!  he was "The Equaliser" in late 80s telly land and loads of films too,
i think.  The record sounds fab btw, I'll have to look out for it to go with
my "Beatles go Bossa" and "Tijuana Christmas" (which *really* is fab,
certainly a lot better than "Tijuana Lady" by Gomez) records.

It also reminds me of one of my fave jokes, which I fear may not work
written down, so you must all say it out loud to get the full effect.

Q.  Why does edward woodward have so many "d"s in his name?

A.  Cos if he didn't, he'd be eewar woowar.

which makes me laugh cos it sounds funny.

Why does nobody talk about Younger Younger 28s on the list?

I went to see them last night and they are fabulous.  They knock Baxendale
into a cocked hat, anyway.  If you get a chance to see them with My Life
Story (who were a bit rubbish) do it.  Jo Northern deserves to be on TOTP
NOW!

Oh, saw "Whispering Bob" the other week, and they're ace too.  My mate asked
them why they were called Whispering Bob and apparently is cos they live
next door to Whispering Bob Harris himself and they use his garage to
practice in.

Sorry non-british people, I don't suppose any of you have the foggiest idea
what I'm talking about.

GEORGE said:

    I'M IN WEDDING PRESENT MODE

         AT THE MO

THEY ARE LIKE THE PUNK SMITHS

and he is right, Weddoes are/were vastly under-rated IM(sad old indie git)O,
although everyone seems to like Cinerama, which is kind of the same without
the loud guitars, isn't it?

Dr Stride's Indie night sounds jolly good, pity it's in Sheffield.  Anyone
fancy putting me up for a night?  I like a good weekender away.

xoxo

CarsmileSteve