Sinister: Toronto Bashing to Death...the topic that is.

Kurtis, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Kurtis at xxx.com
Wed Sep 29 18:26:30 BST 1999

Deb said (in response to EA Hostetter)

>>...I think my original conclusions about Toronto were correct :\

>Just because you didn't get a chance to meet any other sinisterites,
>DOESN'T mean we're snotty people, not that you said that, but you
>certainly conveyed it in different words. All the listees that I have met,
either >in depth or only spoken a few words with, were wonderfully
*lov-e-ly* >people. I was pleasantly surprised that there were no 'too cool
for you' >types around. But I guess you'll never know....

Knowing Miss EA and knowing she's a genuine sweetheart and was only venting
her general frustrations...I have to step in and say that I tend to agree
with her. While of course certain people have been lovely lovelies (you know
who you are), I never 'clicked' with very many Toronto people in general, be
they sinisterines or otherwise -- and this from a girl who lived there for
24 years. So I can totally relate to where our EA is coming from.

I think Toronto is just one of those weird places where people are nice on
their own, but in a pack they can turn into a bunch of ice cubes. I've
probably been guilty of it myself at one time or another (when I was very
into the whole club thing...) Don't ask me why because I've never been able
to figure it out.

Although I no longer live there and couldn't join in, perhaps the next
Toronto Sinister meet-up should be held at a bowling alley, or better yet, a
bingo hall -- kind of the perfect tacky, enjoyable ice-breaker where
everyone eventually drops their guard. I'm a great believer in that sort of
thing!

And I have to say that after the amazing times I've had at Sinister meet-ups
here in the UK (hands down winner being Bowlie), there's just no comparison.
Not to say that they've all been brilliant (nothing can always be the best
time of your life!) but overall...

Elisabeth xx

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com