Sinister: Last Good Day of the Year

Tony Charles Green rarepleasures at xxx.net
Thu Sep 30 09:53:32 BST 1999

Last Good Day of the Year
-------------------------
One last bright young day before autumn closes in on us ...
so it is I'm playing this Cousteau single I found in MVE. Fans of MLS or The
Clientele should love it, a gentle piano melody builds to its boombastic
orchestral conclusion. Fantastic.

Kathryn Williams
----------------
Just when down a storm at the Nick Drake Tribute evening. So I expect all
London listees to be at the Spitz on the 13th and not the dastardly Darren
Haymens gig (Boooooo, hiiiiisssss). I have Barefoot Contessa playing and he
has Baxendale so its going to be a fight to the death. I know where your
loyaltys lie.

All Tomorrows Trousers
Met Mr Harvey Williams on the Circle Line and we discussed the failure of ATP
and played Fantasy Festival League. I had The Magnetic Fields, The Radar Bros,
The Montgolfier Bros, Gastr del Sol, Cousteau, Spearmint and Will Oldam on my
list and he clearly thought it was a winner so maybe someone should get Barry
Hogan to give me a call. Hes got a gig coming up at the Poetry Cafe apparently
but I've no more on it than that.

Tony
RARE PLEASURES: http://members.tripod.co.uk/rarepleasures/
off-kilter indie, lo-fi, alt-country, folk, rock