Sinister: I'm disappointed in contributors/sitar/Nick Hornby/vinyl

OLDSCHREC at xxx.com OLDSCHREC at xxx.com
Thu Sep 30 11:04:23 BST 1999

Usually I get 2-3 digests a day and it has gone down to 1-2 at best.  Is
everyone on the list on holiday or is it a slow time for unnecessary chat?

I'm glad to hear some sitar will be on the new B&S album.  I always look
forward to some different instrumentation and arrangements when it comes to
B&S.  Will there be a single released before the new album?

I just started reading the great current pop novel "High Fidelity" by Nick
Hornby.  So far it has made for a very interesting read and I wanted to check
it out before the movie starring John Cusack and Neve Campbell appears in
theatres.  They filmed it here in Chicago at Reckless Records and I'm sure
other cool locations.  Being a record store manager of new/used cd/lp/cass
myself, this book has really hit home.  I've found if one has a large record
collection, it is very difficult to sustain an intimate relationship with a
mate unless she has a good collection too or appreciates the importance of
vinyl, etc...

Pete G.