Sinister: one of these things first

Archel1978 at xxx.com Archel1978 at xxx.com
Thu Sep 30 13:40:12 BST 1999

cynthia tantalised us by implying that we get to be virgins again by virtue
of being reborn as a list.  but maybe we are only sinister virgins, rather
than the innocent-of-all-naughty-complicated-pushing-and-pulling-stuff type
ones.  damn.

edward woodward - didn't he present that dodgy programme 'strange
but...true?' on telly recently?  with all gothic accoutrements.  it was
great, scared me shitless.

for the record, i agree 100% with mr dickie's comments about cats.  couldn't
have put it better myself.  although if 'century of elvis' is indeed about a
cat then perhaps i should like it more?

i bloody hate french rapping.  like on that kronenbourg advert with the
lesbians.  normal, nice french singing that makes sense is fine though.  i
get to show off trying to translate, but with rap it's all in slang, or
otherwise meaningless, very much like anglo-american rap in fact.  a french
exchange partner once tried to teach me 'versin' (don't know how to spell
it), which is that backwards paris slang.  how cool would i be then?  but she
got bored and went off to listen to techno and take the piss out of me and my
friends.

hefner/b&s:  i think B&s world is where i'd LIKE to live - all sweet boys and
quirky schoolgirls and buses and cute animals and struan understanding all
our angst, but hefner world is definitely the real one - drunkenness and
mistakes and grubby encounters and mundane moments.  but they are similar in
both being able to intelligently express these things, i think.

i got 29 questions right on university challenge on monday.  i'm just waiting
for the day when they have a q. on b&s, like they did on 15 to 1 once.  that
was great.  maybe they'll have one on jeopardy too (for the benefit of US
listees):
A. The best band in the world.
Q. Who are Belle and Sebastian?

posting to sinister is very like masturbating.  no, really.  it's healthy in
moderation, but if you start obsessing about it, always thinking of new and
exciting ways and places to do it, or are doing it more than once a day, then
you should start to worry.  it won't make you blind (though as ailsa observed
on a bus last week, the six listees present at the time were ALL
short-sighted...) but it might make a mess.

and on that thought...

bfn,
luv archel xxx