Sinister: Chris_t_opher plus anyone else with a passing interest in things that bang.

CHRIS LEAK chris_leak at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 30 14:45:51 BST 1999

Did anyone else see the Beta Band in Manchester on
Tuesday? What did you think? Personally I thought they
were seriously good. After publicly slating their own
album upon release and during the gig  (which I
couldn’t quite understand), I thought they would:

1. Re-arrange most, if not all, of their material
2. Play more stuff  from the 3 EP’s

They didn’t. A few were a bit more percussive and a
few more upbeat but on the whole, not much different,
so why slag the album if you don’t intend to improve
on it live? The visuals were cool, complete with a
Cindy doll, fashioned after Bonnie Tyler, being beamed
down for the song featuring the sample of “Total
Eclipse of the Heart”! There was every kind of
percussion you can imagine plus a few you can’t (I saw
all my presents for the next few Christmas’ and
birthdays’ for the foreseeable future on display). The
band regularly swapped instruments with everyone
taking it in turn to play one of two drum kits, decks,
sequencers, keys, trumpet, steel drums, etc etc. Top.

Anyway, go see ‘em if you get chance.

Bless

Leaky

P.S. Thanks for the mail Chris-t-opher - the name's
mine! Sorry about the gig but we went on the train
anyway. I’d really appreciate it if you could get us
in touch with that guy from Action Records/The
Warehouse. I’m still looking for a new female
vocalist, violin and/or cello plus virtually any other
kind of instrument for my North West based band, come
on it’ll be fun. You know you want to.