Sinister: Things I learnt on Sinister

Arantxa Sanz pcxas at xxx.uk
Thu Sep 30 16:18:38 BST 1999

This list is much better than any Open University course on any branch of
wisedom.Its contents clearly reflect its members global interest on how
many answers they are able to get right on UC every Monday.

a)Termochemistry :Constant which measures the relation between laces in
shoes and sexual
tendencies:I am worried about this discovery.My current winter shoes have
extremely long laces ending in two leaves and they get undone constantly
Am I homo,then?

b)Genetics :No aunties in pop (I believe Dionne is only Cissy's
cousin...).

c)Zoology :Townies are some  characteristic Brit species whose favourite
habitat are grim shopping centres built in the 70's and fine
establishments serving burgers and chips.Their survival is
guaranteed by the fact that even in the best possible future of them
all,the Welfare state won't be able to provide 'class'in the
massive quantities required,as well as brains transplants,and other
priceless items.

d)Children psychology:Sniffing glue and uniforms sewed inside by mum with
my initials and my 'coat in arms' = (xxx) have appeared together in the
list and they are stored together in my mind.In my last year of primary
school my desk was next to Barbara TroisFontaine's one.She was a really
weird and bullied girl whose mum was a Belgian baroness and loved to
borrow my Snoopy Peppermint-perfumed glue too often.It was my first and
last experience with glue-sniffers.She and her frustated love for the boy
working at the newsagent's at the entrance of my school could become the
inspiration for some Stu's song.

And some advice : Sarah, I am going to spend 3 years of my life (at least)
in a really scary country,where cars are driven in the wrong way and
alcohol cannot be purchased after 11,go figure!

xxx(As sewed by mummy)

Arantxa