Sinister: london: brash, outrageous and free?

ian connelly ian at xxx.com
Thu Sep 30 23:15:31 BST 1999

sinisterines,

i've given up tussling with the business world
and quit my job to flee san francisco for london.
well, for a week, at least.

i've been to london once before, for two days
right before bowlie. i carried my enormous bag
around paddington station, then sat in the park
around the way and sipped rancid coffee, reading
about those teenage gang debutantes that killed all those
kids in colorado. people could tell i was american,
and they ignored me, as well they should've.

this time won't be like that, though, and i'll actually
have time to wander around and soak up the cultcha.

can any of you recommend bars(pubs?)/clubs/record
stores/dens of inequity that i should check out?
you can even reply directly to me if you're so inclined. (thanks!)

(oh, and i fully intend to go to primrose hill and have a picnic
with the elaborate two-dimensional dolls i've made of all
of you using photos from the 'as we are now' page. so hah!)

rambling. sorry!

ian connelly
ps. inside joke: i was happily surprised to find out
there are TWO 'Poultry Avenues' in london.