Sinister: the man who tasted shapes

Caroline Mary Browne browne at xxx.ie
Sat Apr 1 00:11:07 BST 2000

Hello
Hi
My name is Caroline and I'm the latest ` straight out of the nursery' type
person.  Look at you all smiling gleefully as you think ` great another
nursery posting just what I hoped would be in my mail box hooray'.  Rather
than tell you a whole load of mundaneties by way of introduction I might
just tell a story  ........if thats okay..........
The Vicious Waves.....
While in Edinburgh with a friend (Denise) last weekend we payed a visit to
avalanche records. `What do you think of this' I asked Denise showing her
a gentle waves cd. `I don't know but just get it' replied a very sickly
hungover looking Denise. Flicking cds was also making me feel a little
like vomiting and so I happily exchanged 7 pounds and ninety nine pence
with the women at the counter for my gentle waves cd.
After an exhausting day of climbing hills and taking photographs of me
pointing at buildings we returned to our friends flat where we were
staying/squating.  After much effort trying to get a very silly cd player
to play we gave track one a brief chance before moving swiftly on to track
two then three etc.  We had to turn it off because we felt like an
audience at a school concert where the teachers pet plays the piano and
the bold children laugh .  After listening to Curtis Mayfield instead we
headed of into town where we drank stimula bull- a combination of vodka
gin and red bull all for the dangerously cheap price of 1.50  with a free
vodka before twelve. This resulted in me saying to a random boy with what
appeared to be a sleepy eye 'in a town so small theres no escape from
view'. I was talking about Dublin where I live but just didnt tell him
this nor mention the source of the quote. I then told him
of how the streets in New York were paved with gold
and so you could look at the skyscrapers from the Brooklyn Bridge. At
this point I had confused a picture on the cigarette machine with
reality.Talking at strangers about things which were only personally
relevent seemed an appropriate mode of communication for
the rest of the night before returning home for one
hours sleep before getting two trains and a plane home.  Previously I had
just felt severely hungover but upon arriving home I felt a wave of
insanity sweeping over me as waves do.  Thinking sleep would be just the
ticket I went upstairs and put my gentle waves cd on and tried to sleep.
The red bull had, however ensured that sleep would be the very opposite to
what my brain would feel like doing and so delerium/wake-sleep it was.
Over this the gentle waves played causing me to hallucinate/ dream about
Isobel hopping around deleriously with rabbits ears on - very scary.  This
was when I decided `tell mum thats what Ill do'. I told her all about the
stimula bulls and how they make you insane and asked her to turn the scary
music in my room off . She seemed a little
frightened at my new adopted personality but turned of the music after
being instructed how to work the cd player. I havent listened to the very
scary waves since and am feeling a lot more intact in the mental
department which was nice because it was my 21st on monday and I was
forced into getting very drunk again.
Sorry I know I have very much rambled on at this stage but... one last
strange occurance before I go.....
today when I went in to use the computers in college there were marzipan
easter decorations on top of each of the computers. This was very strange
I thought but I kind of wanted to eat one. One easter bunny had become
squshed into what could have been an anti bunny or would it be anti
easter. My friend thought that maybe there were hidden cameras and that we
shouldnt eat them.

It was nice meeting you .
Bye now.
Caroline xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzp.