Sinister: Don't split your infinitives, child, you talk like William Shatner

Coldcolours at xxx.com Coldcolours at xxx.com
Sat Apr 1 04:22:24 BST 2000

Hello all!

    I have just returned from "High Fidelity." Question:

HOW COULD THEY THROW OVER B+S FOR "WALKING ON SUNSHINE"????

    Well, at least they did play them, and mention them as well. If the guy
who played Dick, the shy record store worker, should happen to be a
Sinisterine, honey you have my crush vote till the end of time :)
    Good movie though, if longish. To you who have read the book, do they go
into the rules of making a mix tape? That is such a fascinating subject.
    You might remember me as the "diamonds on Neptune" girl. Nice to see you
again. After my first post, where I gushed about the story in Tigermilk, some
people tenderly informed me that Belle and Sebastian were not, in fact, real
people. To them I say, I did know that. I just meant that the story bore so
many similarities to their early history--the diner, the songs, etc--I
figured that "B" and "S" were pseudonyms for Stuart and Isobel. If I am
mistaken, I am filled with shame :).
    But everyone has been really sweet. I thank you.
    To answer another question, neither whistling nor playing B+S really loud
in traffic has ever worked for me. At all. Has publicly (sp?) flaunting B+S
ever worked for anyone here? I'd like to hear about it.
    A while ago, someone tried a Sneakers-scrabble tile thing with the new
album title. I am very supportive of this, but very lazy--if you want to try
it, check out the internet anagram server, there's a link to it on Subpop.com
I believe. Let me know if anyone tries this and comes up with something
interresant.
    It should now be painfully obvious that I had nothing to say. I
apologize. :)
    May your dreams be sweet, never sinister... (For Murphy's sake!)

Until we meet again
Joanna
"I know you...I care to...I see through...all of the pictures that you hang
on your wall.."
--Nick Drake

To butcher Voltaire (?), "If Chris Murphy of Sloan had not existed, it would
have been necessary to invent him."