Sinister: everything is nice...

brand new shoes secretmysterydate at xxx.com
Sun Apr 2 00:40:15 BST 2000

my dear lovely listerines,

i haven't posted for about a week and i thought it would be a good time to
do so, as i am entering the winter hours of my spring break, and the day is
getting cloudy...

To honey, thank you so much for tarting me up the other day on #sinister. i
feel like wearing that fur coat/no knickers combo already.

	I had the pleasure of appearing twice this week in the local weekly, once
in the background of Kitty Pryde's show at the 31st street pub (this is only
a pittsburgh thing, sorry) where i played w/ them (they won best dyke-rock
band in town) and once as a description of what the paper called "best
looking baristas". i was pretty flattered. The place i worked always gets
this vote in the paper because everyone that works there is some young
college student/mod boy, but it described me exactly and i felt all
blushy.[it said something about looking like a prada ad, which is not really
true of course, but in pittsburgh it isn't hard to look stylish] (i am
blushing actually as i write this, i can feel my cheeks get hot) so that was
my ego rush for the week. though i am unintentionally single, and have been
for a while, so it doesn't really make a difference.
hrrmmm...
anyway.
all week  (as #sinister folks know from my constant whining)  i have been
working on this stupid casting project and it is finally seeming like it got
somewhere. not the best way to spend a spring break, let me tell you. the
only thing that made it fun was the whole EP set and Tigermilk, which were
on constant repeat down in the bowels of the foundery where i worked through
the pretty days.
i don't want to always be complaining though, so...

I talked to my friend terry this week and he said that  he LOVES london and
is having the best time ever and wants to start a little art space when he
gets back because he was all inspired by the tiny apartment galleries in
East London. Pretty neat i think. So we will be living together and running
a space next year it seems.
If anyone wants a show, we would totally want to be an international
gallery, so we'll keep everyone posted.

ummmm...
Dr sam's little advice column:
If any of you musicians ever are told that they can play at someone's coffee
shop/bar for a night. DON'T!!!
it is the worst experience. you are standing/sitting up in front of these
people and they are fucking ignoring you and talking and one table in the
back applaudes, but everyone else seems to just look up like you are
interupting their conversation. i did it last week and stopped half way
through my set, said "this is horrible" and just left. i was embarassed to
even have set up my stuff... i'll stick to real shows from now on, thanks

ummmm...i seem to be one of the last sinister folk not to have seen High
Fidelity, but i promise to see it soon.
it  sounds amazing.
sigh
okay so i just wanted to agree with who ever it was that was irked a bit by
looper. i'm really sorry, but i have to say that, though the little essays
are nice, they ring a bit too much like a scottish King Missle or something.
a bit too much. i hope i don't swing a tide against me for coming out the of
unconditional love for all b+s related things pile, but i can't keep it
bottled up. therapy tells us we have to deal with things or they mess us up
later. i don't want to end up exploding in my 40's over this.
moving on...
      so b+s are coming to the US while i am going to be in Europe, this is
classic. unless they hit the eastcoast much later than everywhere else we
will be missing each other almost exactly. grrr. i may have to change my
travel plans around them, which seems a little crazy, but you know, it's
b+s!
okay. that's all for now. love love love to you all.
i envy those who can produce such pretty posts  (like vel and laura)
feelin' sexy,
sam