Sinister: subject line abuse : splat

invisible_boy invisible_boy at xxx.net
Sun Apr 2 11:53:16 BST 2000

Hello Sinister,

Something of a hiatus since I last inflicted myself upon
you. Nevermind, I'm sure I wasn't missed, and anyway most
days I have naff all to say anyway. In fact, today may even
be one of those days. We'll see.

Seems that a lot of you are cramming for exams and whatnots
right about now. Well, all I can say is stay frosty and good
luck. I have the mixed blessing of having freed myself from
formal education and the constraints it imposes, only to
find myself lodged in the world of office working, with a
whole different set of constraints and political systems to
learn. And since just about every goddamn thing looks better
in hindsight, I almost wish I was there with you. Almost.

And while I'm thinking about pressures and constraints, I'd
just like to say something about  - I have no name for it,
how about - Random Joy Syndrome. I know I'm not the only one
to have this happen to them. You know when, just for no
discernable reason at all, you just suddenly get an
overwhelming gush of just utter bliss? Like stepping of the
train into the rain and just getting soaked and smiling, or
just sitting on the bus with your headphones on and for a
few minutes just feeling so utterly content you can't seem
to help yourself gurning like a madman, almost squirming
with it. You can look at the something like the zipper on
your jacket and it just looks so amazingly complex there
doesn't seem any point in even trying to do anything else
before you can get your head around and just fully
understand that one thing. Everything else spills over from
there. It all about the details I'm sure. Like the man said
"Buddha is in the bush, but he's also in the fence" (I'm
paraphrasing).

Oops. Just went off on one. But all that stuff I really
believe. Got some somehow come to terms with your immediate
environment or else how can you start to behave rationally?

So anyway, what I was trying to say is that emotions are
difficult buggers to pin down. Since you have no real
control over your feelings, and feelings (to some extent)
define your actions and reactions, rationality really must
have to fight to get a look in. Hmmm.

Oh god shut up. You know you have no real point to make.
Right.

Getting away from that before I dig a pit and bury myself -
here's another installment of The Very Best Thing That
Happened To Me The Other Day : I dreamt that I took my sofa
outside to the bus stop outside my house so that people
could sit down whilst waiting. True. I woke up feeling all
lovely.

That's probably enough for now.  I'll get my coat.
Have fun you lot, and if anyone is knocking around in Leeds
and feeling masochistic, let me know and maybe we can go get
a beer or something.

Byebye.....

Kev (a boy with no plan)