Sinister: traumatic WE

elenita99 elenita99 at xxx.com
Mon Apr 3 11:54:17 BST 2000

Hello you all,

I feel awful today and I have been all week-end, I wanna share with you why
cos I feel miserable.

OK, here's the story: I was walking down the main street in Camden (London)
with my flatmate on Friday night, not very late though, around 10, to meet
some friends. I should precise here that my flatmate is a guy, not very tall
but not very small either, just looking like any other guy in the street.

So we are walking and then we heard someone yelling/calling behind us. first
we don't notice, then we look behind and quite far away was a kid, about 16,
shouting at us. I keep walking but well it seems that he definitly talks to
us so my friend stops and walks a few steps towards the guy to see what he
wants, a fag or so?
He didn't had time to say a word that the other one was giving him a first
strong punch in the face, then another one, and then around 10 other kids
are coming from behind the first one and from the other side of the street
and start beating and hiting him, all this happened in 5 seconds.

Then I suppose the whole thing lasted a minute or so, all I managed to do
was scream and ask people for help (nobody gave a shit, by the way) while my
friend was trying to avoid kicks and punchs lying on the pavement. Then some
stopped, he managed to stand up and we went away as quick as possible while
the kids went back and splitted.
He's OK now, I mean nothing serious except half face blue and feeling hurt
in many parts, but nothing needing hospital or so, thanks God.
I felt and still feel helpless and powerless towards this, I can't help
thinking about it: it was totally without any reason (nothing to steal, no
argument, etc...) except that these kids were probably bored or wanted "fun"
and excitment. And I couldn't do anything, I really couldn't. And nobody
around us cared at all.

OK, this is not really amusing and I hope I won't spoil your day, but I had
to write it, it's driving me mad.

Elena