Sinister: Hey Orpheus!

Brandt Fundak brandtpfundak at xxx.com
Mon Apr 3 15:12:17 BST 2000

Hello my dear friends,

It's been a while, but I really had nothing of
importance to say.  I really don't now either, but my
weekend was so fabulous I had to share.

This weekend I saw two incredible shows, which will
hopefully be a sign of things to come in this sleepy
town.  Suffice it to say, I am no longer dissatisfied
with living in Cleveland, although I still find it
difficult to talk to my fellow Clevelanders when I go
to these shows. Hopefully I can take care of that in
the coming weeks.

Anyway, I had been looking forward to this past
weekend more than I have been looking forward to the
new releases by Belle and Sebastian (obligatory band
reference for the list) although I talked up the new
releases to the kids I talked to at the shows this
weekend.  Anyway, I saw the following bands on
consecutive nights (I seem to be having preposition
problems): THE MAKE UP and RAINER MARIA.

The Make Up in a word were incredible. I understand
how someone could be lukewarm to their LPs or even
annoyed by them, but live--wow. It's kind of like the
difference between using chat or e-mail and actually
talking to someone--you miss out on a lot. I was
completely blown away by Ian's energy, thought it was
cool that they all wore uniforms, and that the bass
player was a definite cutie. They just exuded
sexuality with their performance--I was definitely hot
and bothered by the time they were done. (Yes I know
this disturbs some of you) Anyway, I had no outlet so
I went home and watched IRON CHEF.

The next night I went and saw Rainer Maria. They were
incredible as usual.  They also were kind enough to
play some of my favorite songs, and Kyle told me
afterward they would be back during the summer, so now
I am all geared to see them again (especially since he
told me they want to have their new LP out in
September.)  I would have talked to him more, but the
bouncers threw us all out, because of daylight savings
(even though I didn't think it happened until 2 am and
he was tossing us out at 1:40.  Once again, I went
home and watched IRON CHEF.

Anyway, I probably shouldn't have shared this, but to
me this weekend was the beginning of what is going to
be a fabulous summer--tons of shows in Cleveland, new
releases by B & S and finally living on my own
again--things are fianlly looking up.

Okay, you can delete this now (if you haven't deleted
it already.)

Brandt