Sinister: everything it was it is, everything it is it was...

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Thu Apr 6 19:45:43 BST 2000

sinisteels,

last night, by some stroke of luck i watched "the band who
would be king", the documentary about Half Japanese. I know
everyone's talking about high fidelity, which is *quite* a
different film from this one, but getting down to music biz
and pop snobbery and where ideas of good & bad art come
from and all that, this is the movie to see. it's
inspiring, genuinely inspiring, for music, for writing,
for, well, life. but if you're familiar with Half Japanese,
then you probably know all this. If you're not, then rent
this movie and/or go out and buy their records ("charmed
life" definitely). genius, honestly. it's different from
belle and sebastian, yet there's obviously some kind of
connection there, and it makes me feel just as good. you
know, the way brilliant things do when they're just
naturally brilliant.

i'm just a little overwhelmed, i mean, i've been thinking
about the kinds of things the film makes you think about -
like when you're angry/disappointed that certain things
exist and get too much credit and then you realize that
you're just so glad other things exist you realize that
it's better to be happy about these good things existing
than waste your time being angsty about things like top 40
radio. putting this thinking into practice is the thing
though, requires a lot of undoing of thoughts in some cases
(i.e. mine), but once it happens... well, it's a lovely
level of freedom, i mean, i can feel it even though i'm not
quite there yet. mm. so, yeah...

love songs and monster songs,
Robyn

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC