Sinister: Half Blaked

CHRIS LEAK chris_leak at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 7 14:39:45 BST 2000

>Not with a bang, but with a whimper, eh?  It too is a
>while since I've
>read High Fidelity but I always found the central
>character's honesty
>about his own personality flaws to be quite charming.

But Toby, how could he be "so in touch"/"aware" of his
personality flaws (apart from the big plot changing
one), recognise them as flaws (whilst once again
failing to recognise his BIG flaw), choose to ignore
them AND remain charming?? Whilst I am aware the human
psyche is a complex thing and one man's flaw is
anothers strong point, I have little sympathy for
someone who is so self aware as to recognise their own
flaws and yet is (at best), too lazy to correct them.

Then again, who am I to judge? It's a book, I thought
it was weak. I have seen fever pitch, I thought it was
weak. I await to be persuaded about the merits of Nick
Hornby.

I could go o

Leaky