Sinister: Harry Bollock had a rather unfortunate name...

Robin Stout ppyrrjs at xxx.uk
Fri Apr 7 16:09:50 BST 2000

	Really, the standards of the criminal classes aren't like they
used to be. I was sitting on a train on Wednesday, reading a book,
when two chaps came along and sat at the table next to me. After
fooling the ticket inspector into thinking they'd lost their tickets, they
quickly launched into talk of how they were going to go to Leicester
and burgle Debenhams.
	Burglar #1: "The more I think about it the better it seems.
There's a tunnel underneath that means they can't find us, even with
heat seeking cameras."
	Burglar #2 (nervously) "Ooh, I don't know..."

	Burglar number one, a loud, arrogant chap,  was apparently
the leader and number two was his meek, nervous accomplice. It
was terribly unoriginal. Number two would mumble an idea, then
number one would practically shout his reply.
	Burglar #2 (conspiratorially) "But why do we have to go to
Marks and Spencer?"
	Burglar #1 "To get a plastic bag they can't see through,
stupid"

	I hid behind the pages of my book. They were rubbish
burglars. I could hear every word they were saying. No idea at all.

	We were sitting on a bus last night when Legal Man came on
the radio. It sounded pretty good, although it was hard to make out
above the sounds of the bus's wheels and windows, buzzing like
they do. Arantxa looked dubious. "Pastiche," she said. I rather liked
it, though, but like someone said, it does sound like the theme to
Eurotrash. Maybe the band will appear on Top Of The Pops, each
wearing a pair of big plastic titties.

	I'm sitting in the university computer room at the moment,
looking at a notice on the wall opposite. It says "In case of
emergency, ring security on 3013." By some cruel twist of fate, 3013
was my telephone number in the first year and I used to get
desperate phone calls at two in the morning from people who were
being attacked, burgled, or having a siezure. Is that how you spell
siezure? I had to tell them, apologetically, that I wasn't in fact the
police, but a rather weedy young boy who wanted to go to back to
sleep. It was quite bewildering. I woke up one morning and there
was a message on the voicemail from a bloke with a thick, foreign
accent:
	"I.. I cannot alm ze bellyole security..."

	I was terribly worried that I might have unwittingly let an
innocent man die a horrible death. I do hope he's okay.

	Arantxa went off to ATP this morning and I'm feeling pretty
glum because I couldn't go. Hope you kids are having fun at Camber
Sands, anyway. You'll have to show me the photos. It'll be like Ibiza
Uncovered, but in paperback, and with more boobs.

	Bye!

		Robin x