Sinister: All Yesterday's Parties

David Moore Daf_Moore at xxx.com
Mon Apr 10 13:47:46 BST 2000

Or is still today if you haven't been to bed yet?

A knackered review of some personal ATP highlights:

1.The Ginger Ringer

Footie first, by tradition. Others better versed in the ways of Football
Focus will map the delicious details of the Sinister Team's triumphant
route to the celebrity trophy (yeah!) but for now some B&S content, for
that is what the team had (at least for the second half of the final).
Callum's weekend of shameless starsucking knew no bounds, but paid off when
he persuaded a shy lad who had been lurking around by the pitch at
intervals through Sunday afternoon, obviously looking for a game, to play
with our lads. I don't think Murdoch, S. actually scored, but he did shed
real blood & sweat for the cause. All the boys in all the rounds done good.

2.The Fall Guy

Scary but true: the same American Fall fan (?Brad) demonstrated how to
learn from experience by  mistaking me for John Peel *again*, whilst 30
metres across the hall the real thing (bearded, slightly older & a tad more
portly) cued up and then played a Fall track. It was so much fun we've
agreed to repeat the experience at the next, Tortoise compered, event.

3.Eastenders Parallels

By Sunday night The Sinister corner in The Queen Vic was completely
reclaimed & held against all opposition, including various members of Arab
Strap & the 'gwai. Remote machines were absent (not required?).

4. OK, So Wasn't There Any Music, Then?

Good:           Stereolab, GYBE, The For Carnation, Sigur Ros
Better:                 Arab Strap, Mogwai
Best:           Papa M (a sadly curtailed set of a few lacklustre numbers
illuminated by the shining I Am Not Lonely With Cricket & the sparkly The
One I Can't Remember The Title Of, & then Dave Pajo caught me completely
unawares with a version of Turn, Turn, Turn that was soooooo beautiful that
I was overcome)
Poo:                    Sonic Youth
Missed:         SFA, Gorky's, Beanz DJ'ing in the pub
Should Have Seen:       And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of The Dead

5.My Favourite (Other) Things

Excellent company, glamour, power napping, nice merchi people (including
Struan again for a while, researching the next department store reference
song), bitching, flaming Sambuca Romana, Papercuts (order your copy now
before stocks run out), balcony busking, maybe more later......

6.Not So Good

Don't care

Off to bed,

David Moore