Sinister: This is going to sound VERY melodramatic...

James Errington on-top-of-the-world at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 10 16:32:41 BST 2000

You know when something happens to you, and you can't tell any
of your friends because, well, you should have told them a long
long time ago if they were to be in on the secret at all... Well, I've
decided to tell you all instead because you aren't going to tell them
and I HAVE to tell SOMEBODY, and it is quite interesting an' all
but do feel free to skip it if you like.
OK, here we go. For the past 6 months or so I've been in a
constant state of being convinced that I only had a few weeks to
live. And, though I'm not going to go into detail, I had pretty good
reason to think that. As you can imagine, I started getting a little
mentally unstable and self-destructive and as I was too scared of
the truth to go to a doctor it got worse and worse until I frankly
started scaring my friends with behaviour which was either 'get my
gun' strange or stupidly dangerous.
And then last thursday I finally plucked up the courage to get
something done about it and it turned out to be more-or-less
nothing. And I've never been so happy in my life, its like I've
suddenly got this future ahead of me and I can do whatever I like
and I can hardly feel my feet touch the ground and suddenly the
constant thought of 'don't plan ahead, there's no point' has gone
and I'm so relieved... But I can't tell my friends so I thought I'd tell
you all.
If you're still listening, I've got a musical reccomendation too. Kevin
Ayers' Whatevershebringswesing is sort of like B&S / Nick Drake if
they branched out into semi-prog-rock in the very early seventies.
Need I say more? I just know lots of you will love it. His other stuff
is good too, but that's the starting point really. Anyone else like it?
Mmm?

ANYway, thanks for listening.

xxx, weejay

Blue Glow is now at http://diskant.future.easyspace.com/blueglow/