Sinister: First post, parrots, blood and poetry.

Julie jules at xxx.cx
Wed Apr 12 01:28:45 BST 2000

I am NOT having a good day.  You know how some days, the more you try to
accomplish anything, the more things just go horribly awry?  Well, this
morning I decided to do the dishes.  That's a noble task.  Practical.  Well,
half an hour later, there's silverware all over the floor, a cat under the
table, a mirror smashed on the floor and me bleeding on my keyboard.  I
thought it would be a good time for me to make my first post to Sinister.
Many of you know me.  Some of you I live with.  Well, one of you.  Some of
you I see a lot.  Some of you I see at shows.  Some of you I see when you
come visit New York.  Oh, and probably several of you know me from cozy
#sinister.  I've never posted before because I had nothing...excuse, me but
what the fuck is the cat doing?
Sigh.  I'm so sick of this cat.  He scratches and bites and chews on Megan's
giant TWATTYBUS poster in the living room.  If he were my cat, I'd just
throw him out the window.  I'd like to see Ghostface Killah land on his feet
from 8 stories up.
Anyway.  Um, before, I had nothing to say.  Then Damon passed along this
damned parrot and it's been crapping all over the place and now IT HAS TO
GO.  Here's my poem.  It's by Nicanor Parra.

The Poems Of The Pope

They just elected me Pope:
I'm the most famous man in the world!

II
Now I'm at the top of the ecclesiastical profession
and I can die in peace

III
The Cardinals are angry
because I don't treat them like I used to
too solemn?
but I'm the Pope goddamn it...

IV
First thing tomorrow
I'll move into the Vatican

The title of my address:
How to Succeed in the Ecclesiastical Profession

VI
Congratulations are pouring in
every newspaper in the world
has my picture on the front page
and one thing's for sure:
I look much younger than I really am

VII
Ever since I was a boy
I wanted to be Pope
why's everybody so surprised
I worked like a dog
to get what I wanted

VIII
Holy Mother of God
I forgot to bless the multitude!

Now, I'm putting this parrot back in its cage and sending it by Pony Express
to...WILL PORTER OF TEXAS!!!  Wheeeee!  Please forgive any preceding
misspellings, but I can't use the middle finger of my left hand, I cut it on
a SMASHED MIRROR earlier.  And honeymum, forgive my occasional harsh
language, I'm in a bit of a state.  BUT I'M THE POPE GODDAMN IT!

-Julie

"It's only pop music, why are you asking me all these questions?!"  -Robbie
Williams