Sinister: Victory of team NME?????????????????????

Geoff Sheridan geoff at xxx.uk
Wed Apr 12 16:52:16 BST 2000

I JUST CAN'T STAND HERE
and let our boys be abused!!

Pinefox, whilst beautiful in his/her cheery manner, was rather less
than au fait with the facts.
>4) *Victory of Team NME in the 5-a-side Tournament*.
Slot Jockey won. It was a legendary victory for the sinister kids,
who were playing under the name of that little known indie beat combo.

>It was great to see some 'indie' people snatch the prize from all
>the 'football lads'.
>Their main rivals, the beery and blokeish Slot Jockey (ugh! horrid name!!)
Ali Cooke, The boy Trousers, Sean, Jim, Martin Robinson, Richard and
Rozzer - nearly all of this parish - and FOR FUCK'S SAKE Stuart
Murdoch were all playing for the 'Jockeys. Pinefox is right that it
was a victory for the kids, 'cos we stuffed the NME, which, as
everyone knows is *shite*.
Massive props to Ali and Rozzer for the winning goals, and Struan,
bless him, although he was _a bit shit_, it was certainly good to
have him on the team.

Oh, and here is some information about ATP and future versions (eg
Bowlie 3) of dubious origin:

Tortoise (who will be picking bands for Bowlie 3) are sniffing after
kraftwerk and Neil Young. Shellac are curating in 2002, with loads of
Albini's old muckers on the provisional wish list.
Tons of stuff from the Stage One sets has been getting aired by
Peelie and Lamaq.
The Chemistry Experiment have been blessed by Peelie playing their
record. At the wrong speed.
Lamacq also mentioned the Slot Jockeys...

And now I'm going to. They were *grate*.

รก bientot

geoff xxx