Sinister: summer here kids?

Katy MBP99KLC at xxx.uk
Thu Apr 13 23:37:53 BST 2000

Hi Sinister,

I'm very sorry to hear that Sonic Youth were shit at ATP. I really am. They
were brilliant once.

Robyn said:
>it makes me feel just as good. you know, the way brilliant things do when
>they're just naturally brilliant.

This and Owen's post may be enough to make me get something by Half
Japanese even though I'd never heard of them before. Is this wise? well
probably as wise as trusting the nme.

Jayson said:
>Im Jayson, and Im a cancer

I'm a Capricorn and I always thought it was very boring, so I was pleased
when my auntie (who knows about these things) said she could see Saggitarian
in me, as I'm on the border. It must be all rubbish anyway. But my friend
found an old book of astrology for individual birthdays, and apparently a
lot of the ones for people she knew seemed pretty accurate. But yes I know
they always put things that can apply to anyone. It also told you how you
might die, which is nice. She said mine said I was clever but misunderstood
(I suppose many people would see themselves as misunderstood) and that I
should beware of fire, flying and runaway horses. When I go home at Easter
I'm going to have a look at this book for myself. Anyway my flatmate has the
same birthday as me, so.

And also Youn asked:
>Does the recognition of egotism masked as self-consciousness get you off
>charges of both?

It depends how cleverly you do it I suppose. Some people tread a very fine
line. I like your clever and logical posts Youn - I think that's why Neil
thought you were a boy, cos I think boys are usually more logical than
girls. Like my mum and dad arguing:-

Dad: Yes but what I meant was this.
Mum: [Something completely illogical]
Dad: YES BUT WHAT I SAID WAS...
Mum (very calmly): Please don't shout at me.
Dad: I'M NOT SHOUTING!
etc.

I think I'm quite a logical girl. However this may be in comparison to some
of my housemates.

No more stories of silly boys this post. I kind of regretted saying all that
last time, cos people might think I care about such things. Is it wicked not
to care? Quite the opposite, I would have thought.

katy c
"What could be finer, I thought. The world needs boy-meets-girl stories. But
to write one, unfortunately, the author must go about the business of having
the boy meet the girl."
~ jd salinger 'the heart of a broken story'

"I've never had my heart broken. Maybe I should"
~ steve malkmus, pavement