Sinister: this she did in public for us to see...

Robyn Fadden rfadden at xxx.com
Fri Apr 14 19:25:36 BST 2000

today, yous,

i'm starting to get neurotic about b&s tour dates. i
shouldn't, but i am. i just want to know. i just want the
tickets in my hands. i know i am not alone when i say: if i
do not see belle and sebastian this summer, summer will be
this disappointment, this Sad Tainted State. whereas seeing
b&s will make this summer the Best Summer Ever. i'm having
a week of extreme thoughts, no middle ground.
(I was going to start a rumour, pass it on like, but i'm
not one for idle gossip (lie). i will wait for Official
Jeepster News...)

mmm. stuart murdoch... football. i can barely believe this
all happened. i feel so very far away.

picnics: there will be no vancouver sinister picnic. just
me and a bottle of wine in the park, asking squirrels if
they think belle and sebastian will come to vancouver, and
if not, why not, and if so, when, and if when then will
they get across the border. but advice from squirrels
doesn't actually count; they are rumourmongers. anyway, we
could have a pacific northwest picnic, but the pacific
northwest is fairly big... even bigger when your main mode
of transport is a bike. or feet. ooh, but there's a train!
trains are good.

did sonic youth *really* suck at atp? were they the bad
kind of experimental? i loved and love sonic youth, and
news that they sucked lately live is not good news at
all... but i don't know what "sucked" means. all i know is
that i could listen to "skip tracer" over and over and over
again. with his mild-mannered look on, yeah, he was truly
hip...

i went on sinister chat the other night. it was
interesting, if more than a little jarring. but it
reassured me that not having a grasp on the concept of time
is nothing to be worried about. it's like non-linearity
within a linear structure. it shouldn't exist, yet it does.
it does all o're the place. i'm glad though. technology
makes me so happy sometimes. but technology is exploited by
petty people who can't think outside the next month, and
this makes me sad. can't they see that computerization is
bigger than just making a profit? the social (and even
evolutionary/anthropological) affects of new technology are
staggering. oh, i won't rant. i just got on about it for a
minute. more at a later date in crazed photocopied pamphlet
form, to be handed out on streetcorners by me, ranting
while i play two notes on my grandma's faux-hammond organ
to a samba beat.

i'll see you see you see you on the highway,
robyn
(one day someone will tell me what "20, 15" means...)

=====
I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything. ~Steven Wright
~~~
Robyn Fadden    rfadden at yahoo.com    Vancouver, BC