Sinister: IF I cOuLd WriTe PoEtRy...

velocity farewell velocity_girl_is at xxx.uk
Sun Apr 16 16:58:38 BST 2000

Hello beautiful ones...
I'm back to sinistah land after having visited my
family and friends in my home city...
I missed you all so much...
well, it seems that the
                      PoEtRy PaRrOt
that Owen sent over to me here in sunny Greece was
waiting for me to come back... I just wish that Owen
could fly over here with the parrot... mmmm...
but meanwhile, he was so naughty fooling around with
my pooter... he went to #sinister and found pretty
Julie there (cyberglam) and forced her to post a very
very nice poem... isn't he really something?
he's going to be a father soon and still he acts like
a baby parrot... this must be the most immature parrot
I came across in my entire life... he thinks that his
glittering blue feathers will get him away with
anything... well, not this time... he sits on my
shoulder now fiffling like mad...
stop it you silly bird... birdy nam-nam... mmmm
well, I came up with this poem by Olivia Weatherspoon!
it was written in late '40s... she's obviously
influenced by the surealists... I found this poem in
an anthology... I hope you'll enjoy it...

"Linger" *
Like a child lost his toys
due to some witch's envy of
his blissful innocence

Reality's our only choice...
but be cautious... 'cause
miracles take longer but
eventually they may come true...
and then in a fearful
explosion of boundless joy,
I'll lean over to you
and kiss your lips with hunger
springs from all this time
of loneliness... and
the skies shall open wide
to bare my still, tho'
amazing happiness...

who could blame me...
you're lost in your magnetic fields**
of vanity...

Still, still and frozen into endless
despair...
will you reply..?
I know you won't...

As night falls down
I'll make a wish to the stars, the same
stars you're looking at...
may this pain be fruitful...
may you look at the stars and wonder about
that chill that corresses your ear... may...

Suddenly...
you came to me and said...
It's not me you're looking for...
do not put this burden on me... can't stand it...
sorry... it's not me, not me....
Just you and your big ideas...

Half the way you moved...
not even half... and you claim to
be the one who had tried harder...
so hard indeed...
you sold me out in an oriental market...
flesh... that is... flesh...

Notes:
* I'm sorry for any mistakes; thing is I re-translate
this poem from greek, so...
** "...magnetic fields of vanity"... I think it's a
reference to the book by André Breton and Philippe
Soupault "Magnetic Fields" that caused a lot of talk
at its era...

that was it.. hope you liked it...
I want to send the parrot now to Jordi Trenzano in
Spain, 'cause the parrot tells me that he loves it
here in warm mediteranean countries and he'd love to
stay some more before he flies back north... maybe to
the country of geordies... Starry, Paul F.  ... be
prepared!!!
bye now...
take care all of you sweet peas
Love