Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

Keith Watson k.watson at xxx.uk
Mon Apr 17 00:26:03 BST 2000

Hi everyone, I’m new here, this is my first post, so please go easy on me.

I was walking around Edinburgh the other day and in Avalanche, what were
they playing but the new Belle and Sebastian long player “Lower your arms
child you smell like a gypsy”! It was sounding great in the shop – well done
chaps!

I’m looking forward to the new single too, “Legal Man”, and also it’s
B-sides “Judy is a dick slap”, which is a cover of the Ramones’ “Judy is a
Punk” but with added rudeness – who says you can’t shock any more. Also
“Winter Wooskie” which is about how nice it’d be to be Chewbacca in the
middle of January, with a nice big furry coat to keep you warm.

I might come down to London soon to join in the picnic revelry up at
Primrose hill – followed by a good old cockney knees up, just like Damon
Albarn used to have round the house – what a diamond geezer.

Talking of Geezers, I hear Bernard Butler is quitting the music industry to
play snooker. That’s an interesting one, do any of the other readers know of
famous pop stars who have quit the business to play a sport?

Keith.