Sinister: When the Moon Hits Yer Eye . . .

Dan Hooper dhooper at xxx.com
Mon Apr 17 21:36:17 BST 2000

Hello to all of you whom I don't post to as often as I should . . . .

Lucy Alder posed the following head scratcher . . .
I'm desperately trying to think of Italians who've made an impact on the
charts, outside their own country, but I can only think of Sabrina ("Boys,
boys, boys, I'm looking for a good time...")  Any pop trivialists out there
care to help me?

We have to go back a few years, and I'm not so sure about their
influence outside the You Ess of Eeeh, but Dean Martin had more than
a few chart toppers. "That's Amoré" (When the Moon hits your eye like
a big pizza pie, that's amoré) and "Kick in the Head" (She's tellin'
me we'll be wed, she's pickin' a king size bed, tell me quick, ain't
that a kick in the head"). And Frank Sinatra, whose list of hits need
not be recounted here. And what about Frank Stallone with "Eye of the
Tiger"? Italian-Americans all, it's true. But proud of their Italian
roots none the less. Do they count?

All the Best
Daniel Hooper