Sinister: i will show you fear in a handful of dust

marie elia littlearsonist at xxx.com
Tue Apr 18 03:52:39 BST 2000

yo yo sinistah kids, one and all.

i'm supremely fecking jealous of y'all
that went to ATP, especially the ones
who witnessed a shirtless struan Doing
His Thang (cuz lord knows it doesn't
sound like any of y'all watched the bands,
just played soccer all day, sheesh).  i
hear that erica nursed the ginger-haired
one's wound...  well, she saw it up close
and personal anyway, even with her
sunglasses up on her head and not doing
her a bit of good.  damn this isn't making
sense.

if anyone makes fun of winter wooskie
they're gonna have ME to deal with, okay??
i'll open up a can of whoop-ass on ya, so
don't even try it.

miss julie, glamourous cybergal that she is,
posted her first post.  of course she threw
that stupid parrot at will, who proceeded to
toss it at me, and since it IS monday, i
will let it speak its turn:

S U N S E T, by Louise Gluck (which should
           have two little dots over the u)

My great happiness
is the sound your voice makes
calling to me even in despair; my sorrow
that I cannot answer you
in speech you accept as mine.

You have no faith in your own language.
So you invest
authority in signs
you cannot read with any accuracy.

And yet your voice reaches me always.
And I answer constantly,
my anger passing
as winter passes.  My tenderness
should be apparent to you
in the breeze of the summer evening
and in the words that become
your own response.
_______________________________________

right, and it seems that somehow the
stupid bird got delayed, in a weird time
zone screw-up or something, and so he's
like, floating around in more than one
place, but i insist that this is the Real
Poetry Parrot, and i heretoforth toss him
at.... erm, lesley jo, because i can never
get enough of her dyke skeelz.
awww, yeeeah.

well.  i remain one of the ign'ant masses
who hasn't heard "legal man" yet.  right
now i'm contenting myself with leonard
cohen, who is the supreme master songwriter.
er, after stuart m., natch.

by the way, mad props Have to go out to sam
a.k.a. Brand New Shoes (or popstart for you
brave #sinisterites) because he hosted me
and my grrrl KIMberly when we ventured down
to pittsburgh last week to see the ever-lovely
cat power, and he was a Damn fine gentleman.
he's not really new, but be nice to him anyway.

also massive props to LauraLlew for knowing who
the flashgirls are and for her well-deserved
affection for dorothy parker.  milkmaids unite!

*ahem*

why are you all Looking at me funny???
stop it!
sheesh.