Sinister: Teargas, Steve Kado, tampon, protest, FakingUpARampage

Jygsaw18 at xxx.com Jygsaw18 at xxx.com
Tue Apr 18 04:37:08 BST 2000

In a message dated 4/17/00 3:57:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
keleidoscopic at yahoo.com writes:

<< My blinded by revolution roommate is in Washington DC,
 it is a pretty good bet that he has either been
 arrested or sprayed with pepper spray. I have no clue
 how this has anything to do with Belle and Sebastian,
 other than the fact he has a few mix tapes with B&S
 songs on them. >>

I was in DC too. My sister saw me on TV marching in the background. Things
were actually pretty calm, although there were a few outbreaks of violence.
Every single one I heard about involved the police hitting the protesters.
It's true. we have pictures. I think there is one of me holding a  "Death to
Capitalism" sign.

Steve Kado quoth like a raven
<<at work today i noticed that beared men (not bearded men with trendy hair
cuts, or with any tacky things like bad jeans or pony tails) have beardy
pants.  and these are BEARDED men i'm talking about, we mostly do classical
music concerts at the glenn gould so these are classically bearded men and
they all wear different pants than their clean shaven contemporaries.  for
real, theres just something about the *fit* of them, that screams BEARD! i
bet they wouldn't even sell them to me if i asked.>>

I had a mammoth beard I recently trimmed back. Now I'm checking my closet to
see if my pants are secretly screaming "Beard!" I actually think they do. I
don't wear jeans, bad or otherwise. I do wear a lot of corduroy, or surplus
and patches

Jes Sez
<<Q - how do you know when a blonds having a bad day?
A - she has a tampon stuck behind her ear and keeps asking 'wheres my
pencil?'... >>

ow. that just seems really uncomfortable. I must say that since i've been
blond I have not done that. To myself or anyone else. Let's hope she put it
in eraser-end first...

I wanted to take a belle and sebastian tape to DC, but the car we were in
only had a radio, no tape player. So we got to listen to talk radio or pop
rock. I chose oldies when i drove... we also listened to Rush Limbaugh, who
made the brilliant civil rights comment that police should just run over
protesters who got in their way.. Never mind that the protesters were LEGALLY
there WITH A PERMIT. Fucking asshole. I had to change the station or i would
have lost my voice cursing at the radio.

sigh. all we're saying is no masters, no slaves.

love to you all

dave, the moon man.