Sinister: you're my miss washington dc

Steven Kado steven.kado at xxx.ca
Tue Apr 18 16:14:45 BST 2000

how odd....
i should have held back on the post yesterday...because now i have much more
and nicer things to say.

today i woke up early to find that there was narry a crumb for breakfast so
i went to the bakery, throught the driving piddling rain and got there while
the bread was still warm and fragrant.  also i got some of those montreal
style bagels that go hard only minutes after they are bought and was able to
eat one before it turned to solid rock....this is rare.  in my childhood,
growing up in the incredibly jewish neighborhood where these bagles are made
each morning before being shipped out as luxury goods to other bakeries, i
used to be able to have them fresh all the time.

i used to have this one metric tonne bicycle that dated from the 50's and i
used to ride it in childhood.  and i tried to play sports and was bad at
them.  then i listened to lots of nirvana.

also i saw sinister jillian and sinister leslie today, we listened to DISCO
music!  fuck this indie pop shit...no four on the floor then NO THANK YOU!
humph.

and someone mentioned 'when animals attack' which is almost as good as 'when
good pets go...BAD!'
as if people who own boa constrictors or other such animals as pets don't
expect them to eat the occasional baby or grandmother.

when i go to my parents house with their luxurious cable tv, i watch only
nature type shows and its great.  i also saw a fabulous show on lemurs.  (it
was not called when good lemurs go bad)  and yesterday i watched 'passions'
at leslie and jill's residence building and i almost shat myself.....what an
incredible show....when my exams are done i'll stay home afternoons just to
watch it...well well well.  television is so neat sometimes.

i advise all those of you who are into 'litterature' to check out
www.sovlit.com  its absolutely incredible.

also, somewhere you can find an ok online translation of konstantin
vaginov's 'goat song' novel under the title 'the tower'  its pretty neat
too.  although its his first and he's a bit too into himself if you know
what i mean.

i'm glad puzzling dave was sticking it to the man in dc.
i wish i could do things like that but unfortunately advanced capitalism is
rather fun sometimes.....sigh.....i will just sit here on my fence and mope.

i signed a petition to cancel the third world debt the other day tho'.  but
then later today i'm going to go buy a copy of my neighbor totoro, and maybe
some shoes.  as long as i can still get nice shoes and japanese animated
childrens movies after capitalism implodes and i don't have to watch granola
movies of dirty people dancing in circles in fields worshipping goddesses
and things and taking apart all the lovely skyscrapers, and as long as i can
still keep my urbane nice job and not have to work in an organic hacky sack
making commune and wear inticraft clothes, then i'm really into capitalism
imploding.

s  t  e  v  e  n    k  a  d  o  !

and a reminder to toronto types that the 21st of this month will be some
sort of thing.  that is a friday. so come to it, even though we aren't sure
what it is.