SV: Sinister: B & S wussy rock? I think not!

Alexander Bartilson alexander.bartilson at xxx.com
Thu Apr 20 23:14:20 BST 2000

Hi,
This has probably been discussed before but since I've not been on the list for very long I hope you will excuse me. I just wanted to say that I don't think that Isobel Campbell is at all a bad singer (I guess that's what the author of the article implied). "Is it wicked not to care" is one of best B & S songs in my opinion (all though there are many :-) ).

Also, I don't think that TBWTAS (wow, my first use of a B & S abbreviation) is a bad record. It's great.

Well, don't really see the point of this mail, but anyway...

///Alexander

PS. Listening to Miles Davis right now. Swing it...

/...
>                  "Photo Jenny" picks it back up, with lots of organ, some
> nice harmonies from Isobel
>                  Campbell (in the role she should stick with) and
> reverb-drenched guitar.
>
>                  These EPs are not filler. It shows the band at the top of
> their game, as this collection of
>                  12 songs easily exceeds the 12 that appeared on the band's
> last album, The Boy With
>                  the Arab Strap.
.../